Chris Rock touches down in Melbourne after his Australian tour sells out

1 month ago 15

Chris Rock touches down in Melbourne after his Australian tour sells out following THAT slap from Will Smith

By Ali Daher For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 04:15 EDT, 10 August 2022 | Updated: 04:15 EDT, 10 August 2022

Chris Rock has landed in Australia ahead of his sold out comedy shows.

The famous comedian was spotted touching down in Melbourne via private jet on Wednesday.

The 57-year-old appeared in good spirits as he disembarked the aircraft after playing a sold out show on the Gold Coast on Tuesday. 

Chris Rock (pictured) touched down in Melbourne on Wednesday after playing a sold out show on the Gold Coast

Chris' highly anticipated world tour will be the acclaimed comedian's first in five years, and will see the comedian play sold out shows across Australia. 

Chris cut a casual figure in a white hoodie which he wore underneath a navy blue puffer jacket and cargo pants.

He accessorised his look wearing a Ray's Liquor trucker hat, black framed reading glasses and headphones around his neck. 

The 57-year-old appeared in good spirits as he disembarked the aircraft after playing a sold out show on the Gold Coast on Tuesday 

Chris' highly anticipated world tour will be the acclaimed comedian's first in five years, and will see the comedian play sold out shows across Australia 

Earlier this month it was revealed that the Grown Ups star has 'no plans' to  reach out to Will Smith after the actor issued a formal apology for slapping him at the Academy Awards.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air actor, 53, said via Instagram that he had taken the last four months to 'work' on himself after hitting Chris at the Oscars in March.

A source has since reported the comedian isn't currently ready to rekindle a friendship and said that Will's apology was simply a bid to repair his public image.

Chris cut a casual figure in a white hoodie which he wore underneath a navy blue puffer jacket and cargo pants 

An insider told ET Online: 'Chris has no plans to reach out to Will', before adding, 'He [Will] needs the public's forgiveness, not Chris'.' 

Taking to Instagram, the King Richard actor said in his apology: 'I've reached out to Chris and the message that came back is that he's not ready to talk when he is, he will reach out.

'So I will say to you, Chris, I apologise to you. My behaviour was unacceptable and I'm here whenever you're ready to talk.'

He also apologised to Chris' mother and his entire family.

Slap: The Fresh Prince of Bel Air star, 53, said via Instagram earlier this month that he had taken the last four months to 'work' on himself after hitting Chris at the Oscars in March

Advertisement

Read Entire Article